Published in Gazette of India, Part III, Section 4, Page 2649-50
22nd September 1984
(Placed in Lok Sabha on 30/1/1985, Rajya Sabha on 31/1/1985)
Office of the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library Board, Patna
||Dated 19th August,1984
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (a) of section 28 of the Khuda Bakhsh oriental Public Library Act, 1969 (43 of 1969), the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library Board, with the previous approval of the Central government, hereby makes the following regulations, namely -
- Short Title and Commencement
- These Regulations may be called the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library (Board Meetings) Regulations, 1984.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Board Meetings
- The Board may meet as many times as may be necessary but shall meet at least once in six months.
- The Chairman shall fix the date, time and place of meeting of the Board and approve the agenda of the said meeting, a notice of which shall be given by the Member-Secretary to all the members of the Board. In the absence of the Chairman, the meeting shall be presided over by a member elected by the members present at the meeting.
- Fifteen daysí notice for every ordinary meeting of the Board shall be given to all the members.
- List of business to be conducted at the meeting shall be dispatched along with the notice or soon thereafter.
- Presence of four members of the Board shall be necessary to form the quorum for the transaction of the business of a meeting of the Board.
- If at any meeting of the Board, the number of the members present is less than the required quorum, the Chairman shall adjourn the meeting and the adjourned meeting may be held on a subsequent date at such time and place as fixed by the Chairman with a reasonable notice to all the members and it shall be lawful to dispose of the business at such adjourned meeting irrespective of the number of members present.
- In a case of extreme urgency notwithstanding anything provided in regulation 4, the Chairman may, on his own initiative, or at the request in writing of not less than four members, may call a meeting of the Board after giving such notice as he deems reasonable.
- The minutes of the meeting of the Board shall be maintained by the member-Secretary, shall be circulated to all the members, shall be read at the next meeting and, after approval by the members present, shall be confirmed by the Chairman.
- Decision on matters of minor importance may be obtained by circulation of papers to the members.
- If any member considers that any matter on the agenda is, in his opinion, of sufficient importance to be referred to the whole body of the Board, he shall inform the Secretary, who shall refer the matter to each member. The matter shall then be postponed to some future meeting at which the opinions of the members, submitted in writing, shall be read, discussed and a decision may be taken.
- The Member-Secretary shall maintain proper records and minutes of all the proceedings of the meeting of the Board and take action to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Board.
- A copy of the minutes of every meeting of the Board shall be sent to the Central Government.