Published in Gazette of India, Part III, Section 4, Page 2648-49
22nd September 1984
(Placed in Lok Sabha on 30/1/1985, Rajya Sabha on 31/1/1985)
Office of the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library Board, Patna
||Dated 19th August,1984
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section 9(a) of section 28 of the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library Act, 1969 (43 of 1969), the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library Board, with the previous approval of the Central government, hereby makes the following regulations, namely -
- Short Title and Commencement
- These Regulations may be called the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library (Administration) Regulations, 1984.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Powers and Functions of the Director
The Director shall perform his duties under the supervision and control of the Board and shall have the following powers and functions, namely -
- Subject to any direction that may be given by the Board, the Director shall be the principal executive and controlling officer of the Library and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the library.
- The Director shall prescribe duties of all the officers and staff of the Library and shall exercise such supervision and disciplinary control as may be necessary for smooth working of the library and shall sanction all kinds of leave as may be admissible under the regulations.
- The Director shall pass orders regarding confirmation, crossing of efficiency bar, reward, punishment, etc. in respect of clerical and other sub-ordinate staff.
- The Director shall coordinate and exercise general supervision over all research and other activities of the Library and shall provide all possible facilities to the visitors and research scholars for their study in the reading room of the Library.
- The Director shall get -
- the bills prepared for various items of expenditure
- compile the monthly and annual accounts, and
- maintain all accounts and matters pertaining thereto.
- Accounts and Audit
- Primary accounts of the Board shall be maintained in registers in the prescribed forms as listed below:
- Maintenance of grant of the Central Government
- Maintenance of grant of the State Government
- Contribution from other sources
- Other receipts namely sale of catalogues, publications, etc.
- Pay of officers and establishment
- Travelling and other allowances
- Other charges, such as contingencies, leave salaries, etc.
- Contributory provident fund accounts of the employees
- Securities and other Capital investment
- Stock of cheque books
- Stock of receipt books
- Stock of furniture and office equipments
- Stock of stationery
- Stock of publications
- Library’s land and building register
- Library accession register
- Miscellaneous stock
- Other forms prescribed from time to time by the Board.
- The accounts and transactions for each month shall be compiled in a monthly abstract of receipt and payments under the prescribed heads of account. The monthly abstract shall show the figures for the current month as well as progressive totals to the end of the month.
- As soon as practicable after the accounts for a given year are closed, but not later than the end of June, the Director shall get compiled annual accounts for the preceding year of the Board’s fund showing -
- Receipt and Payment accounts
- Income and Expenditure accounts; and
- Balance Sheet and Capital account.
- The Director or any other officer of the library as authorised by the Board, shall draw and disburse all expenditure and shall keep accounts of all receipts and payment. He shall see that proper vouchers are produced for all the disbursements and that they are cancelled so that they cannot be used again. Vouchers shall be kept for three years and then destroyed but not before the audit objection to these years are disposed of.
- All moneys received on behalf of the Board shall be credited with the State Bank of India, Patna. However, an imperest money not exceeding Rs.1,000/- may be kept by the office of the Director for meeting contingent expenses.
- The Annual Accounts of the Board as certified by Comptroller and Auditor General of India or any other person appointed by him in his behalf together with the Audited Reports thereon shall be considered and adopted by the Board before presentation to Parliament.